While on campus or at any school-sponsored event, students shall be dressed and groomed in a manner which reflects good taste and does not detract from or interfere with the learning environment. The purpose of following the dress code is to ensure the maximum safety of everyone. The following attire is NOT ALLOWED at school or at school-sponsored activities:
- Opened toe, high-heeled, platform shoes; flip-flops; shoes with roller wheels.
- Hats, caps, visors, bandanas, and other head coverings. If a hat is needed for sun protection, parents may obtain a request form in the office.
- Clothing, accessories or jewelry that might be a safety hazard or that depict or suggest inappropriate and obscene gestures, pictures, words, use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco, illegal activities; gang-related activity or are deemed provocative.
- Overly revealing clothes. This includes, but is not limited to, sheer or low cut blouses, bare midriffs, backless and/or strapless tops, spaghetti-strap tops, or excessively short skirts or shorts. Undergarments may not be visible at any time. All tank top straps must be at least an inch wide. Shorts should be mid-thigh length.
- Baggy or oversized clothing. Pants must fit waist, leg, inseam, and crotch area and stay up without a belt. Pants should not drag on the ground. Shirt tails should not hang down below the hands and sleeves should not cover the hands.
- Make up
- Hair may NOT be sprayed by any coloring that would drip when wet. Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed as to not disrupt the learning environment.
The administration and school staff has the responsibility to determine whether clothing and grooming meet appropriate standards. Your cooperation and support of the Juarez dress code is greatly appreciated. Inappropriately dressed students will be asked to call home for a change of clothes. Chronic offenders will be subject to further disciplinary action.